A diagnosis of cancer brings change. It changes plans. It changes schedules. It changes people, relationships, finances, life. A diagnosis of cancer changes everything. But with the right doctors, the right team, the right technology, the right plan, and the right attitude, it doesn’t have to change things forever.
Your cancer care navigator is your guide on the journey to reclaim your life. Your navigator is available to attend appointments and ensure you understand your treatment plan and help you coordinate your care with your specialists. Your navigator can help you identify resources to help with everyday life, like child care, transportation, and financial resources.
The navigation service is free. But going through your cancer treatment journey with someone who has been there before is priceless.
Some of the ways your navigator can help:
- Act as a liaison between you and other team members
- Ensure communication with healthcare staff and providers
- Guide you through the health care system
- Help you arrange appropriate services so you can keep your healthcare appointments
- Help you arrange screening services
- Help you find answers to questions and concerns
- Help you find any financial assistance available
- Help you with aftercare planning
- Provide emotional support to you and your family
- Provide education and information
- Streamline your healthcare appointments
To find out all the ways St. Bernards cancer care navigators can help, call 870.207.7300.